There are so many reasons to invest in metal roof.Lifetime Transferable Manufacturers Warranty that is not pro-rated.
- Never have to install another roof.
- Have a roof that requires lowest possible maintenance.
- Choose the texture and colour that fits with your style.
- Save money by not using roofing materials that need maintenance and eventual replacing.
- Covered by a 10-year workmanship warranty. Twice as long as the industry standard.
- Your roof will never decay, crack, peel or collect moss.
- You invest in the most inexpensive permanent roof on the market.
Why choose metal over asphalt?
Read this article and see photos of asphalt roofs and how they compare with metal roofs installed by Longlife Enviro Roofing.
Why choose metal over cedar?
Read this article and see photos of cedar roofs and how they compare with metal roofs installed by Longlife Enviro Roofing.
- All metal roofing contains a minimum of 25% recycled content and is 100% recyclable at the end of it’s useful life. This level of recycled content allows metal roofing to be routinely included on listings for ‘green’ and recycled content products. In addition, the fact that metal roofs are 100% recyclable means that you will not be adding to the billions of tons of disposed roofing material that is routinely added to our landfills each year.
Weather and Fire Resistant
- Metal roofing is tested for wind, fire and hail resistance and listed with various building codes and entities. It’s non-combustibility can reduce the spread of fire in and among buildings.
Reduce Your Energy Bills
- Lightly coloured, more reflective metal roofing can save homeowners up to 40% in summer cooling costs, as reported by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. You can visit www.roofcalc.com which helps you calculate how much you could save if you installed a metal roof on your home.
Open me to learn more about how a LongLife Enviro Roof can help keep your home cool in the summer.
A basic unpainted metal roof will reflect much of the solar radiation that would be absorbed by a traditional asphalt roof. Pre-painted metal roofing systems not only reflect solar energy but they also cool the home by re-emitting most of the solar energy that is absorbed.
A cool roof is one that reflects the sun’s heat and emits absorbed radiation back into the atmosphere. The roof literally stays cooler and reduces the amount of heat transferred to the building below, keeping the building a cooler and more constant temperature. Imagine wearing a white or a black T-shirt on a hot day. By wearing the white T-shirt you will remain cooler than if you wore a black T-shirt because it reflects more sunlight and absorbs less heat. Cool roofs like a white T-shirt, keep the internal temperature of the building cooler. However, a cool roof need not be white. There are many “cool color” products which use darker-colored pigments that are highly reflective in the near infrared (non-visible) portion of the solar spectrum. With “cool color” technologies there are roofs that come in a wide variety of colors and still maintain a high solar reflectance.
The two basic characteristics that determine the ‘coolness’ of a roof are solar reflectance (SR) and thermal emittance (TE). Both properties are rated on a scale from 0 to 1, where 1 is the most reflective or emissive.
For more information on the energy benefits of a metal roof, visit these websites: